These days we are overwhelmed by options to make a charitable donation. We see ads on TV or in print urging us to support cancer research, diabetes research, the Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, United Appeal or any number of worthwhile causes, and we encourage you to continue supporting the charities you care about.
Unfortunately, we’re asked to donate so many times, by so many people and organizations, that we can become desensitized to the needs around us and fail to act all together.
With all these options, why should you donate to your Adams County Community foundation? You’ll help people close to home and multiply the impact of your donation.
Here are other good reasons:
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We have broad knowledge regarding community issues and needs.
- We can help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets.
- We offer maximum tax advantage under federal law for most gifts.
- Endowment funds benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.