The Legacy Society recognizes individuals who have made a gift in their will or a planned gift to the Foundation. When you choose to remember the Adams County Community Foundation through a planned gift, you become a part of our Legacy Society.
Legacy giving offers a way to make a difference, far beyond the measure of one lifetime. Benefits of joining the Legacy Society include:
- A relationship with the Foundation and other donors during your lifetime
- A role in determining how your legacy gift will be used
- Satisfaction in knowing your legacy will make a difference for your community and will encourage others to do the same
- Special recognition if so desired
- Invitation to special donor events
Gifts made through a bequest in a will or trust are not the only means of becoming a member of The Legacy Society. Gifts of life insurance and beneficiary designation of Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA, 401K, 403B) also qualify.
Only a statement of intent to leave a gift to the Adams County Community Foundation is required. No documentation of gift amount or type is necessary. Legacy Society members may designate the use of the distributions from their future gifts, or may leave the distributions to the discretion of our Board of Directors. A Legacy Society gift may be used to establish a new fund or may be added to any of the Foundation’s existing funds.
Current Legacy Society Members
- Kent and JoAnn Gulley
- Jerry Gulley