The Adams County Community Foundation was created in 2019. We are a “501 (c) (3)” tax exempt, public charity eligible to receive tax deductible bequests, transfers and gifts.
The board of directors is made up of a group of volunteer community leaders who want to improve the quality of life for every citizen and every community in Adams County. To accomplish this objective the board will:
- Be responsible stewards of contributed assets in accordance with donor wishes and the governing instruments of the Foundation.
- Champion private giving for the public good among the people of Adams County.
- Provide a flexible, efficient and lasting way for donors to accomplish their philanthropic goals.
- Make grants and provide counsel and assistance that will have a significant impact upon recipients and will address community needs.
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among funders and service providers to address community needs.
We are fortunate to receive advice and support from our generous neighbors at the Scioto Foundation. The board of directors, executive director and staff at Scioto have pledged to provide direction and administrative services until such time the Adams County Community Foundation can stand alone.
As our partner, the Scioto Foundation has provided a vision for the Adams County Community Foundation. With a $200,000 bequest from a charitable-minded donor, the Scioto Foundation was established in 1974. Today, the Foundation manages assets in excess of $40,000,000! Since 1974 Scioto has given over $21,000,000 back to the community in the form of grants and scholarships.
We are inspired and motivated by what has been accomplished for Scioto County through their Scioto Foundation.
About Our Community Foundation